Reading. Learning. Attention
If your eyes cannot accurately track through text, or the same word doesn’t look the same to you each time you see it, learning can be a struggle.
It’s important to have the vision function thoroughly examined.
Vision is critical for concussion or brain injury recovery and other forms of rehabilitation such as vestibular therapy, cognitive therapy, and occupational therapy.
What is holding back your recovery?
Post Concussion Syndrome Vision Problems
Our health profession schools do not teach how visual function problems can lead to other symptoms. If they were not taught it, or cannot find the problem. It must not exist.
Many athletes need excellent vision to perform well in their sports, and now many are adding something new to their practice regimens: vision training. It might be possible to train yourself to see better without resorting to glasses or surgery.
- Vision therapy alleviates childhood behavioural issuesSince a very young age Jared has struggled with anxiety. Vision therapy unlocked his confidence. Since a very young age Jared has struggled with anxiety, behavioural issues and a lack of physical coordination. He comes across to others as very shy or rude as he would not speak to adults or other classmates and avoids […]
- Vision therapy creates sports fanaticSean was a bright kid who developed language skills early. But he struggled with his gross motor skills. Sean had little interest in physical activities. He would try everything once or twice but anything that required hand/eye coordination was difficult for him and he would quit most things pretty quickly. Despite this, Sean preserved through […]
- Vision therapy frees mom from debilitating double vision and migrainesCaroline had a rare neurologic condition with many symptoms. Her ophthalmologist suggested neurovisual training. I live with a rare neurologic condition with many symptoms that have no treatments. In the last few years my vision started to deteriorate and I began to experience double vision everyday when my eyes would tire and frequent migraines. It […]
- Vision therapy and Ergoptics combat concussion balance problemsAt 35, Caralee suffered a concussion that threw her life and career into a spiral. Vision therapy brought life back into focus. I had never had a concussion before I felt confused, foggy headed, forgetful, incredibly tired, couldn’t concentrate on the simplest tasks, had headaches every day, and basically stayed in bed most of […]
- Improving classroom focus through vision therapyIn grade 1, it was suspected that Austin was suffering from ADD. His parents saw something else going on. Our son Austin has been seeing Dr. McCrodan since December of 2012. Austin is in grade one and was unable to read, form his letters properly, and was miserable at school. He would hide under his […]