Reading. Learning. Attention
If your eyes cannot accurately track through text, or the same word doesn’t look the same to you each time you see it, learning can be a struggle.
It’s important to have the vision function thoroughly examined.
Vision is critical for other forms of rehabilitation such as vestibular therapy, cognitive therapy, and occupational therapy.
What is holding back your recovery?
Post Concussion Syndrome Vision Problems
Our health profession schools do not teach how visual function problems can lead to other symptoms. If they were not taught it, or cannot find the problem. It must not exist.
Many athletes need excellent vision to perform well in their sports, and now many are adding something new to their practice regimens: vision training. It might be possible to train yourself to see better without resorting to glasses or surgery.
- Vision therapy and Ergoptics combat concussion balance problemsAt 35, Caralee suffered a concussion that threw her life and career into a spiral. Vision therapy brought life back into focus. I had never had a concussion before I felt confused, foggy headed, forgetful, incredibly tired, couldn’t concentrate on the simplest tasks, had headaches every day, and basically stayed in bed most of […]
- Vision therapy strengthens readingMariah’s vision challenges were caught in a regular eye exam in 2011. Facing surgery, she met Dr. McCrodan. Mariah’s vision challenges were caught in a regular eye exam in 2011. She was sent to a specialist who would test Mariah’s eyes and determine if eye surgery would be a good option. Mariah patched her strong […]
- Vision therapy eases pressure from persistent migrainesAlexandra suffered severe headaches that halted her work performance and ability to care for her children. Two years ago I became unwell. It started as dizziness and progressed very rapidly to a host of symptoms including nausea, crippling headaches, disorientation, stuttering, vertigo, and complete exhaustion. I spent a fair amount of time in doctors’ offices, […]
- Vision therapy helps dad see daughter’s potentialA dad shares his experience as his daughter undergoes vision therapy. My wife and I have two daughters. It would be an understatement to say that they are different and how amazing they both are in unique ways. Clearly, they are individuals, yet still good sisters. Our eldest daughter struggled with school, and with general […]
- Vision therapy helps siblings excel in schoolCrispin and Fiona have both undergone vision therapy to improve their visual development. Crispin started vision therapy as a 13-year-old. Until that time, he struggled in school in virtually every subject, including math, reading, and writing. He spent countless hours with tutors and frustrated parents as he tried to learn everything thrown at him. Headaches […]