Skip to content
- Sean has always been a bright kid and a hard worker who developed language skills early but experienced delays in the development of gross motor skills.
- He had little interest in physical activities. He would try everything once or twice but anything that required hand/eye coordination was difficult for him and he would quit most things pretty quickly.
- Despite this, Sean preserved through two years of baseball. I can only imagine how scary it must be to try to catch or hit a baseball when you can’t actually track the path of the ball accurately. I eventually suggested he not play anymore as I was worried he would get hurt.
- It didn’t occur to my husband or me that his eyesight was causing his difficulties because we had always taken him for regular eye exams.
- We couldn’t figure out why reading and writing were such a challenge for him. Sean received additional help at school with reading and writing from grade 1 on.
- He often had homework because he couldn’t finish his work in class.
- Now Sean is excelling at school. Reading speed and comprehension have increased dramatically. He is meeting or exceeding grade level expectations for all his subjects.
- He achieved grade level for reading after only a few months of vision therapy.
- For a recent school play, Sean memorized all the speaking parts (just for fun).
- VT has opened up his world. He now plays basketball, tennis, and he curls. Everything from throwing a football to riding a bike is a pleasure now instead of a struggle.
- Sean had a Sports birthday party this year and his birthday gifts were tennis balls, baseballs. Basketballs and a football.
- He has more friends because he has a wider range of interests now.
- Because of vision therapy, Sean now knows why some things are difficult for him and has a solution for overcoming his challenges.
- My husband and I feel assured that Sean will have the opportunity to reach his full potential both intellectually and physically. He will be able to read and write well and participate in physical activities that will help him become a happy, successful, and healthy adult.