Your experience is important
The team at Opto-mization NeuroVisual Performance Victoria and Nanaimo work hard to provide you and your family with a successful and enjoyable experience.
Your initial examination is the starting point where we will listen to your concerns, and be able to show you how the visual system is functioning in relation to those concerns. At Opto-mization Neurovisual Performance we test for the visual skills that most affect your quality of life. These are the skills that pertain to reading, writing, attention, spelling, balance, dizziness, post concussion syndrome, headaches, double vision and much more.
What to Expect at the Initial Examination
Before: Detailed history forms are sent to you for completion and are to be brought to the appointment.
When you arrive: Expect to spend 1.5-2 hours for in depth testing and counseling. We work hard to ensure that our patients who have had a head injury have minimal symptom triggering. The information from the examination will allow your doctor to determine what can be done to help. This is where we will take the time to answer all your questions, and fully educate you on all available options.
During the exam process it is important to fully evaluate all aspects of the visual system in order to determine where the deficits are, and what the treatment plan will be. These are just a few of the areas that can be evaluated:
- Eye tracking skills – eyes following a line of print (see readalyzer below)
- Eye teaming skills – two eyes working together as a synchronized team
- Binocular vision (eye teaming) – simultaneously blending the images from both eyes into one image as well as coordinating their movement
- Accommodation – eye focusing
- Visual-motor integration – eye-hand coordination
- Visual performance, attention, and processing
- Visual-vestibular integration (how the eyes and inner ear work together)
Diagnosis / Treatment
At the end of the examination there will be a discussion about what has been found and what the management options are. This may be one of, or a combination of:
- Corrective lenses
- Treatment lenses (Ergoptics™) – Prescribe for efficiency and treatment, not just what allows one to ‘see clearly’
(see youtube video before here, after here)
- Referrals for other modalities (including surgery where appropriate)
- Opto-mization Training™ (advanced vision therapy)
The benefits that our clients see are the result of years of work compiling procedures, improving methods, integrating approaches, and relentlessly refining our ongoing work. Success rates are over 98% and we can guarantee you’ll be happy with your outcome.
Treatment options may include a method of prescribing glasses in ways that improve visual function (Ergoptics) and you may be a candidate for Opto-mization Training which is an advanced system of proven vision therapy and rehabilitation.
The success rates with Opto-mization training are 98% and provide our patients with major improvements in performance and quality of life.
The Readalyzer Infrared Tracking System
The Readalyzer infrared tracking system is one of the instruments that may be utilized to determine if there are visual conditions present.
Here are two videos taken with the Readalyzer Infrared recording system of patients reading: